Saturday, May 10, 2014

Let's Take A Walk

Okay, I have clearly failed miserably at blogging while I've been in London so far, but I'm hoping to change that. I figure that when even my mom is calling me out for slacking, I need to get back to it. I've kind of slipped into what feels like a mundane routine, which is okay for me, but has made it hard to blog. And also, I've just been enjoying soaking up this experience without fretting about how I'm going to write about it. All that being said, I know I've got family and friends back home that would enjoy hearing more about what I've been up to so I'm going to try to be better about blogging!

Instead of doing a massive photo dump/catch up, I decided to just jump back into things with a sort of "day in the life" post. I have Fridays off (only for a couple more weeks now) so I typically try to get out and explore. Yesterday I brought my camera along to Primrose Hill and snapped a few things as I went so that I could bring you with me! Disclaimer: I haven't been taking near as many pictures as I should for the past couple of months so I was a little camera shy. Hopefully I'll get better about this as I go!

Never thought I'd be so dependent on public transportation! I had never ridden a city bus before coming here and now I take either a bus or the tube almost anywhere I need to go. Got my Oyster card so it's off to Primrose Hill!
First things first, to the top of the hill! I've been told that Primrose Hill is the highest point in London. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I broke a sweat climbing to the top. 
After lunch at a local cafe I set off exploring and came across this fun pedestrian bridge.
This coffee shop was located at the end of the bridge and I certainly couldn't resist its charm!
Went in for a cuppa and enjoyed a peek round the tiny, yet adorable place.
I'm in love with the flowers that are everywhere right now! From the blooms that are now decorating every park to the millions of flower shops, I just can't get enough.
After some wandering I ended up in Regent's Park and strolled along the canal.
Eventually I made my way Queen Mary's Garden, which was just beautiful! I always think of my gramma as I roam through the gorgeous gardens here because I know how much she would enjoy them and probably be able to identify every last flower.
I spy some sun bathing chairs :)
Merpeople. And a kid just being a kid!
Oh, just a panther stalking his prey.
Make that a half panther/half lady? There were some more of these neat sculptures in Regent's Park but this one was my favorite.

After Regent's Park I walked back up to a Starbucks (not very adventurous, I realize, but they're always guaranteed to have free wifi) and relaxed with a cold drink for a bit before heading home. I opted to return on foot and discovered that it was only about a thirty minute walk home. Not bad for a nice quiet stroll with my headphones in. Admittedly, I didn't take quite as many pictures as I should have/wanted to and my skills are definitely a little rusty. I promise to post more and keep everyone more informed on my time here! Soon I'll do some posts lightly recapping my trips to Greece and Spain.

I'll repeat this process next Friday so keep an eye out for more!

8 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Those flowers are so pretty! I read about primrose hill so it's neat to see YOUR pictures from the top! I can't wait to read and see more!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh London can be such a beautiful place! I love primrose hill, such an amazing view and little shops!
    Glad to see you're getting back into blogging =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo....I think I already commented but it isn't showing up so I'll do it again!


    yayyyyyyy!


    1. i love that you blogged again! I did too! :)
    2. i LOVE the pictures of the flowers! They could be postcards!
    2a. umm YOUCH on the prices of the flowers, though. I bought sunflowers last week for $4.99!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. addendum:


    3. I'm pretty sure I have a pic that is me laying on my sister, who is laying on that statue, 90's style. bahahhahaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a cute little area! Maybe we'll go when you visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Teffy! I'm loving all of your pictures from beautiful South America! It looks like y'all are having a blast so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO US! Haha wasn't so bad once I just got it over with ;)


    Yeah I feel like there are cheaper options than that haha Primrose Hill is one of the most expensive areas of London so they can charge a premium for things like flowers. But they're still pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm maybe I should recreate that for you ;)

    ReplyDelete