Tuesday, February 11, 2014

London So Far

After two days of travel my dad and I arrived in London ready for a good night's sleep. Peter picked us up from the airport and when we got home Melissa had a shepherd's pie ready for dinner. The kids stayed up to meet us and were so excited when we arrived! We felt right at home and after dinner settled down to go to sleep.

Monday morning Melissa showed us around the neighborhood a bit and then my dad and I took the bus down to visit the Queen. We didn't have much of a plan but started at Buckingham Palace then walked down the mall and through St. James's Park to see Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. After taking shelter from a random torrential downpour, we slowly wandered back to the bus and made our way home.






Tuesday my dad went up to Stoke visit a company that he sometimes works with. The visit was good for his company and I got some time at home to get settled in and unpacked. I was still recovering from jet lag and was thankful for an easy day at home. We ended the day with my first take away curry and I quickly decided I'm now a fan of Indian food!

Wednesday we went to nearby Hampstead to see some of the shops and have a coffee with Melissa's parents. Afterwards, my dad and I went back into the city. We wandered through the West End down to Picadilly Circus and, of course, had to visit a few stores on Regent Street. From there we went to the National Gallery to take in some art and get our culture on. We made it home in time for dinner and an early bed time.




Thursday was my dad's last full day in London. We started the day on Parliament Hill then went into town to St. Paul's Cathedral. The cathedral was beautiful and we spent a good couple of hours wandering around inside and even climbed over 500 steps all the way to the top. The view from the top of St. Paul's was stunning! After St. Paul's we walked to China Town for dinner, then caught a showing of Jersey Boys, which was phenomenal and well worth all the hype.




We squeezed quite a bit into the few days my dad was here with me and I enjoyed having someone to help me get around the city. Friday morning I said goodbye to my dad and spent the rest of the day catching up on work and otherwise trying to keep myself preoccupied. Despite the weather getting horrible by Wednesday, my first week in London was really nice!

6 comments:

  1. Ahh!! I love this!! I was so excited to see a surprise post from you! You guys got a ton in with your dad.

    It was really neat for me to read your post and know exactly where these spots were in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. That second picture is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha sneaky sneaky ;) Agreed, seeing travel posts is more fun when you've been there and kind of get to relive everything! Glad you're enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks kassboss! Got lucky I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are amazing! I've always wanted to visit London myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicia FranceschelliFebruary 27, 2014 at 5:36 AM

    Your photos honestly make me miss London so much. I spent a few weeks there for a college course. I could have lived there for the rest of my life if it was possible! So now I am going to "live" there through your blog! Please check out my latest post http://thetinyprofessional.blogspot.com/2014/02/six-much-loved-blogs.html I absolutely love your blog and theme! It's so simple yet chic! Definitely one of my favorites for sure!

    The Tiny Professional

    ReplyDelete