Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Currently

Before I start in on a little update, I should probably explain why I've been absent from my poor blog for nearly an entire month. I was having a blast blogging for a few months then I think I was doing too much and kind of burnt myself out. Blogging started to feel like a chore and instead I started reading again (that's on my fall bucket list, remember) and knitting and crocheting. Unfortunately blogging takes away from both of those hobbies of mine, and in return they take away from blogging. I'm ready to be back at it though and will try my best to get back to at least a couple of posts a week!


Lately: October was a hectic month and I'm glad to be rid of it. Some days I got to relax and take things easy, while other days I was running from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed. I did have fun on my trip to Dallas a couple of weeks ago to visit Diana and Brittany. Brit and I even found Waldo at the state fair! Aside from that, the month was a blur so not much to elaborate on.

Watching: Right this second I'm watching V For Vendetta in honor of Guy Fawkes Day. Since the beginning of October though I've managed to watch all of season 2 of Revenge and caught up with the current season. I also watched the first two seasons of Scandal and I'm now caught up/obsessed with that as well (side note: am I the only person who hates Fitz?! I wish he would just leave Olivia alone!). I've also been watching American Horror Story: Coven and it's been really good so far! I'm kind of a TV junkie, if you can't tell.

Anticipating: A trip to Austin with Heather this weekend to visit Kassie. She already has some top notch restaurants picked out for our visit since we all love food and we're planning to spend Saturday night out on the town. Kassie's birthday was October 30th so I'm looking forward to our belated celebration!


Loving: Hiking trails! The past couple of weekends I've grabbed our boxer pup and taken her exploring with me. She's pretty good off the leash on the trails and it's been nice exercise for the both of us. I think this is a weekend tradition we'll have to continue while the weather is still nice.

8 comments:

  1. I wish I had my puppy to take walking! :(



    And i'm very jealous you are going to Austin! It makes me want to take a last minute trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! That pup is so cute, and so good to have her off the leash! Tell her she needs to teach mo mo her ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back! It is hard to find a balance.. especially since blogging is actually quite time consuming. Still loving it but it can definitely cut back from other things..

    { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should go! It's not too far :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol she's pretty good on the first half of the walk and stays close but when we turned around to go back she got bold and I ended up having to chase her down! I think she would have been fine but there are bikers on the trail so I didn't want her to get hit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! And yes, it really is! Hopefully I can get back into a groove now and keep up better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone needs a break now and again, but I'm glad you're back!

    I didn't even realise many people across the pond new about Guy Fawkes night, but V for Vendetta is an awesome film. If you're into period drama, I'd recommend 'Gunpowder, treason, and plot' The first half is about Mary Queen of Scots, but the second half deals with her son (James) who was intended to be blown up. It's not entirely accurate, but still good.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Em! I know about it because of an English friend :) The way she describe it sounds like a fun night! I'll have to check out that movie!

    ReplyDelete