Friday, September 6, 2013

Five on Friday

Friday already? Hooray for short weeks! I'm taking a break from Blogtember to participate in my new weekly fave: Five on Friday. Without further ado, here are my five things.


ONE
Since my other two FOF posts (1 & 2) have started out with me looking forward to heading out of town for the weekend, I thought I'd continue that trend. This week however, I'm looking forward to NOT going anywhere and just relaxing at home. I super enjoyed all the trips I took last month but after so much travel, a weekend that doesn't include a 3+ hour drive is a nice change.

TWO
Check out this pretty little accent table I picked up at Target today. It ended up being a total steal, the table was supposed to be $60 but someone had majorly screwed up when pricing because it was on the shelf for $17.98...holy crap, right?! It definitely took some work but once I showed the employees the price on the shelf they had to give in and give me the table on the cheap. I love the gold but I can already picture this table all sorts of pretty colors. For now, though, I'll keep it as is :)


THREE
This weekend I'm going to participate in a yarn bomb, orchestrated by Meredith of One Sheepish Girl. The theme is a "bloom drop" so to participate you just have to knit, crochet or otherwise craft a flower and leave it somewhere for someone to find! I've crocheted up a few flowers so far and just need to make a few more, then I'll drop them around while Sarah and I are downtown tomorrow.

FOUR
Guess who got off her butt and started working out again? Yep, me! I was supposed to play tennis with my brother last night but he flaked so I picked up Jillian Michaels' 6 Week Six-Pack  video and gave it a spin. WHOA, that workout is no joke! I was literally dripping sweat and wanted to reach through screen and punch Jillian in the face. At the end though, I felt great and Jillian was all motivational and sweet, telling me to be proud of myself. What a nice lady. I'm not actually expecting to have a six-pack after six weeks but I'm sure hoping to see a difference.


FIVE
Hopefully I'll have time to go through my closet this weekend and do some fall cleaning. I need to ditch some things I haven't worn in a while and make a list of some fall basics to add into the mix. I have a few things in mind already but feel free to share your fall closet necessities!

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are thinking of painting that table!!! The gold is what makes it perfect! gahhh!!!

    Also, looks like we were thinking the same thing for #5...check out my blog sale today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha only thinking about it at this point! I do love it in gold so I'm planning to keep it that way for a good while, but I think it could lend itself to some fun colors down the road as well :)

      Love the closet sale idea! I might have to borrow that when I empty my closet. One question: how are you planning to get money from anyone out of town? Did you set up a PayPal account?

      Delete
  2. You're making me feel bad, I am meant to go to the gym today, as I skipped yesterday because I got late back from work. But I just can't bring myself to do it!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I feel ya, I've been struggling to find motivation for the past couple of weeks! I have a gym membership that I use from time to time but I've finally realized that I'm more likely to stick to a fitness regimen if I do things at home rather than going to the gym.

      Delete
  3. How freaking cute is the yarn bomb idea??! Love it! My fall closet necessities are skinnies, brown boots, and scarves. LOTS of scarves!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make some extra flowers so you can yarn bomb with me ;)

      I definitely need some more scarves, good suggestion!

      Delete
  4. What an awesome steal at Target! It's a beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That table, I LOVE it!!!! First time stopping by. :)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog ;)

    http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete