Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A 3 Month Fantasy

Today is day two of Blogtember and the prompt is "if you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?"

If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time then I'm sure you'll guess my answer before I say it, but of course I would travel! I would absolutely love three months of pure, unadulterated travel spent finding my happy place. I love Houston because it's where I grew up but I've never imagined myself living here forever, the only trouble is that I'm not sure where the right place to settle down would be. I've been plenty of places I love but there's so many other places that I haven't been, I don't feel like I could choose a place to call home in good faith at this point.

While I'd love to travel the world, I'd probably focus my hypothetical three months in Europe, as I'd love to live abroad (yes, even permanently). I enjoy traveling like a local so a week or so in each location would be perfect. I could get the touristy stuff out of the way then, ideally, spend the rest of my time exploring the hidden treasures wherever I am.

Ahhh I'm going into full on wanderlust mode just thinking about this...Chances are I'd end up staying longer in some places than others. If it was my dream three month vacation then I wouldn't be on a budget and I'd just travel around as I pleased. For the purpose of kind of, sort of, narrowing it down, here is a list (in no particular order) of 12 countries I would visit and happily explore the heck out of.

1. England





2. France



3. Greece



4. Italy



5. Switzerland



6. Sweden



7. Croatia



8. Ireland



9. Germany



10. Belgium



11. Spain



12. The Netherlands


All images via Google

Would that not be the best three months ever? Hmmm too bad it's just a dream! For now I'll stick with hitting up one or two countries at a time on much shorter trips. I'd love to hear about what you would do for three months too so leave me a comment!

6 comments:

  1. All of these places look so pretty! - I would love to go to Greece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Emma, Greece is definitely at the top of my list of places to go asap!

      Delete
  2. yes,please!!! :)

    love your blog!!

    happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, can we make this a reality PLEASE!? I can't take this anymore, it's killing me. ;)

    XO Marisha

    http://marishabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Save, save, save and maybe we can ;)

      Delete