Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tx SC Recap


Well, I'm back from Texas Style Council and to say that I had fun would be an understatement! The weekend was excellent and the conference was so educational, I couldn't be more happy that I decided to go. I attended sessions that covered life blogging, monetizing your blog, budgeting, handling critics and going from blog to book. I think part of what made the experience so great was knowing that all of the talented ladies who spoke were once exactly where I am now. They all started their blogs as a creative outlet and/or a way to keep up with family and never thought that it could turn into anything bigger than that. I've returned home feeling motivated and inspired, now I just need to find time to sit down with my notes and truly process what I learned. I also loved being around so many well known bloggers. Elsie and Emma of A Beautiful Mess were the keynote speakers and, although I was too shy to actually go up and introduce myself, they seemed really nice and down to earth. And they're just as adorable in person as they are on their blog! I was also too nervous to say hello to Kendi, despite having spoken to her at her shop, Bloom, on a few occasions. Now that I know what to expect, I'm hoping I'll be a little less shy at the next conference I attend!

This week will be super busy between packing for Florida, plans with a good friend to celebrate our birthdays and a newly enforced work out schedule but I should be able to squeeze a couple of blog posts in as well! When I get back from my trip I'm looking forward to researching blogger groups in Houston. I'm thinking there must be some sort of blogger get together that happens around here so let me know if you've heard of anything like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment