Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rosemary Beach

As I mentioned in my last post, Friday and Saturday brought rain, rain and more rain. Sam and I still spent a majority of Friday outside lounging on the deck under the house and I squeezed a run in between rainstorms. Friday evening we went out to eat at an Irish pub called McGuire's that was decorated with over a million dollar bills hanging all around the restaurant. Sam and I contributed dollar bills after a tasty dinner of shepherd's pie and bread pudding for dessert.

Not the best photo, but I bet you didn't believe me! Seriously, it was wallpapered with dollar bills.

Saturday was our last day of vacation so we decided to make the best of it and Sam, her mom, Lilly and I headed out for an afternoon of shopping. Somehow none of us had thought to bring an umbrella but luckily the never-ending rain was light enough to walk through most of the day. Our first stop was to an area called Rosemary Beach, which was loaded with cute shops and beautiful architecture.



Lilly is already a pro at shopping and picked out some cute pink ballet flats for herself. She was also happy to try on a little pink tiara, which is only fitting since she likes to call herself Princess Lilly!



While Lilly and Sam shopped, I wandered around the area to see what else Rosemary Beach had to offer.




How cute are these houses?! I think the one negative is that they weren't right on the beach, but they were only steps away from the private beach for Rosemary Beach residents. Their beach was gorgeous, even on this overcast day.





There was also an adorable hotel right across the stretch of lawn leading to the beach. I wouldn't say no to staying there!


Sam and I finally got a good photo together that wasn't taken right after a run or goofing off on the beach. The cute hotel made for a perfect backdrop too!


The second I saw the sign for Sugar Shak I knew I couldn't leave without seeing what they had to offer. The shop itself was cute but, despite a whole wall of chocolate bars, there was no Cadbury or Kinder Bueno. No thanks!



Some sweet moments with Lilly before moving on to our next destination.




We weren't quite shopped out so we headed down the road for more and to find somewhere to eat lunch. I have a million more photos of that adventure but I'll save them for another post so be sure to check back! I hope my readers are having a wonderful week so far :)

8 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures =) sometimes the rain can even add to the mood and make it a comfy and special time.

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog }

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain wasn't too bad! It definitely made the day seem more relaxed :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to visit South Walton! It has been one of our rainiest seasons yet ( in my 20 years here)! Big fan of McGuires too! Live on and love 30A. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved it! We were originally expecting rain the entire week so the fact that we really only got about two and a half days was alright. McGuire's was really cool, I'd definitely go back!

      Delete
  3. This place looks adorable, i'd love to live there (or a visit will do)! And stay in that beautiful hotel! :D

    http://marishabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, it was so cute! Kind of brought to mind a European beach town, even though I don't have anything to actually compare it to haha Maybe we could go next summer and stay there!

      Delete
  4. eek all that rain- i'd just curl up like a fat cat and sleep all week haha! but that definitely didn't stop you, you did SO much!! i especially like the eatery with the dollar bills. how fun!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. We took it pretty easy on Friday and mostly just relaxed but by Saturday we were ready for some adventure :)

    ReplyDelete