Thursday, August 29, 2013

Instagram Catchup

Yep, it's that time of the month! Time to share little bits of August as seen on my Instagram account. This month flew by so I don't have too much to share, but here we go:

I hadn't been to P.Terry's in forever so while I was in Austin at the beginning of the month I made sure to remedy that (technically twice, but that's neither here nor there).


I got a pretty new camera lens for my birthday! I was using a kit lens before so I've enjoyed working with something new and becoming a little more adventurous with photography.


Earlier this month I declared I would be eating healthier and giving up dairy. Welllll that hasn't been going too well for myriad reasons, a) all of this chocolate at my disposal (I just need to eat it quicker so it's gone, right?) and b) I've been traveling way too much this month.


Just a few more photos from Florida. Hmmm, can I go back to the beach already?




Sarah the cat helped me unpack from Florida.


I first saw In Defense of Food mentioned on Delightfully Tacky and started reading it on the beach. I'm enjoying it and it's super informative but I've been so busy since returning from Florida that I have yet to finish. I should have some down time this weekend so I'm hoping to finish soon!


I was going through old photos the other day and found this gem of me and my best friend, Heather, from a couple years ago. No worries, we're definitely still this weird.


Taboo is always a crowd-pleaser and for good reason. Did you know a ladybug can also be referred to as a "domed creature?" And never say the word "kudos" again, instead you can karate chop ;)


Cohen bear being sweet! The second he sat down next to me he decided we were BFFs and got cuddly.


My ankles and feet started swelling up while in Dallas and were massive by the time I arrived home Sunday. I still have no clue why it happened but the cankles are gone now so all's well that ends well.


I ordered these Minnetonka booties recently and I'm in love with them! Last year I wasn't really into booties but this year I've found quite a few I like. I feel like sometimes I worry too much about what other people will think of the things I wear but I'm trying to let that go. These booties are way different than anything else I own, but that's part of their charm!


There's my month in a teeny tiny nutshell! What have you had going on? Anything big or exciting?

5 comments:

  1. That's such a cool looking retro burger place! And good luck with your new lens, I have a canon DSLR too and i love it =]

    A Golden State of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove Michael Pollan...he was recently out here for an event. You should watch Fork over Knives and also Food Matters if you like the book...two great movies!

    x
    Liz
    Indulgera Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the read and for the recommendation! I'll definitely need to check those out. I'm really trying to get into clean eating and being more mindful of what I consume.

      Delete