Friday, August 30, 2013

Five on Friday

I'm linking up with April for Five on Friday again!



ONE
This weekend is my last weekend out of town for a while and I'm so happy about that. Tonight I'm making the six and a half hour drive to Hot Springs, AR with my parents and two of my brothers. My mom's dad and stepmom live in Hot Springs so once a year some version of a family trip is made to visit them. I'm looking forward to seeing the grandparents, some hiking and a generally relaxing weekend. Now for some really old pictures of me and my youngest brother in AR:




TWO
I'm looking forward to joining in on Jenni's September blog challenge: Blogtember (see what she did there)! The challenge is to blog daily Monday through Friday all month and she has a list of topics in this post. She will have a link up on her blog each day so feel free to join in and link up. I will most likely still do my own thing on some days but I'm looking forward to challenging myself most of the month. Let me know if you plan to give it a try!



THREE
When I'm back from Arkansas I'll finally have time to get serious about working out again. I won't be going out of town again for a while so things should slow down a little and I'm kind of looking forward to that. I'll have weekends free for working out, which should help keep me motivated. Something about being forced to get in all of my work outs M-F makes the whole thing feel like a chore.

FOUR
I've been thinking about signing up for a photography class and have been looking around recently. I've seen a few e-courses but I'm more interested in a physical class. I think I've found an option, but let me know if you're aware of anything in the Houston area!



FIVE
I scored a pair of Joe's Jeans on the cheap at TJ Maxx this week and I'm super excited to style them! They almost lean towards a boyfriend feel, without looking hideous on me (I totally can't pull that look off). Maybe I'll have something pulled together for an outfit post next week ;)


Whelp, there's my five. Let me know if you're in on the link up too!

9 comments:

  1. So glad you jumped on the FOF bandwagon!Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun! I like your themed post :) I might give that a try next week!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for your outfit post next week!

    xoxo
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I love the pictures on your blog, so beautiful :)

      Delete
  3. Such a good idea! I can't wait for blogtember :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Should be fun to see how it goes :) I hope you'll be joining!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I'm excited for Jenni's Blogtember too! I finally read through all the prompts, and some of them are really creative! I can't wait to write about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it but a little nervous! Some of them will definitely be harder to write for than others, but it's not called a "challenge" for nothing.

      Delete
  5. I'd love to sign up for a photography class! I love photography too. I try with my little camera to take great picutres...haha. Some are good. most are not so good! LOL

    http://mitchalycia.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete