Friday, August 23, 2013

Five on Friday

I've enjoyed reading Diana's Five on Friday posts so I decided to join in on the fun! Today I'm linking up with April of A. Liz Adventures and sharing five little things about my week.


ONE
I'll be heading to Dallas this weekend for the first time in almost four months! I'm staying with Diana and Mark in their new house (she guest blogged about her house here last week) and I can't wait to see it! We'll be seeing lots of friends this weekend as well as visiting my favorite taco joint: Velvet Taco. I've been having withdrawals lately because no other taco place compares! Ready for the weekend in my old stomping grounds.




TWO
You know how just last month I posted about how much I love to travel but don't feel like I get to do it enough? Well it's just so funny how the world works sometimes! I realized that by the end of the month I'll have spent every weekend of August in a different city or state. I guess it's hard for me to recognize my weekend trips to places like Austin and Dallas as "travel" but that's ultimately what it is! I want to make it my goal to play tourist the next few times I visit both places. I feel like I've been just about everywhere and seen everything but that's certainly not the case. I hope to do the same thing in Hot Springs, AR next weekend during our annual visit to grandpa's house.





THREE
This week I've really been struggling to find a balance between work, blogging and working out. Unfortunately, working out has been pushed to the back burner while I catch up on sleep and take care of other things. I did get a couple good workouts in earlier this week but I started to feel a little sick Wednesday morning and decided to let myself sleep in for the past few mornings instead of getting up for my run. I'm hoping that I can get a better hang on things next week though! If nothing else, being back in town for a couple weekends after Labor Day should help.



FOUR
I keep seeing posts about autumn and how excited everyone is and I can't help but be jealous that I don't live in a place that actually has four seasons. Here in Texas we don't get a break from the heat until late October, at the very earliest. My idea of autumn consists mostly of days still in the upper 80s to low 90s and some cooler 70 or 60 degree days sprinkled in here or there. It's a little depressing. That being said, I haven't been able to resist admiring some autumn styles on Pinterest! Maybe by November some of these adorable outfits will be suitable for Texas temps.






FIVE
Ever since reading Kassie's blackberry peach cobbler recipe from her guest post last week I've been dying to give it a try! I think my whole family would enjoy it and since we have yet to actually celebrate my birthday, maybe I'll make it for myself in place of a cake. Hopefully I'll have time for it next week!


8 comments:

  1. Ahhh I LOVE this idea! :)

    You need to tell me where this Taco place is, i've never heard of it!

    Once you get into routine it's so much easier to stick with it! I took a week off last week since I was feeling sick, you definitely don't want to push your body over the edge!

    I really can't wait for fall, i've been oogling over outfits for a month now! Maybe one day i'll be able to display them out on the town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velvet Taco is at Knox - Henderson and 35 and you need to go asap! so good :)

      I'm hoping I will get it together next week!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the fall outfit ideas!!! I'm all into those slouchy numbers...yum. Also, you know we get more of a season in Dallas than Houston......jussssttt saying! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss so good! I have some orange skinny jeans so now I'll be on the look out for a slouchy cream sweater. Hahaha baaarely!

      Delete
  3. I'm convinced that wherever someone lives, they wish they had a different climate haha! I'm in Toronto so we have four VERY distinct seasons but would LOVE to have your weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point! I guess the grass is always greener :) I would definitely trade you if I could haha

      Delete
  4. I'm living in Tampa now and I totally understand the lack of seasons... BUT I'm moving to Dallas in three weeks!!!!

    Please tell me there are seasons there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you will love Dallas! I really miss it sometimes! The seasons are a liiittle bit better than Houston (which is probably similar climate-wise to Tampa). During the two years I lived there it actually snowed a few times and the winters get pretty cold :)

      Delete