Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Emily Does Dallas

I know, I know, but I couldn't resist that title! I had so much fun in Dallas this weekend, I wasn't quite ready to come home on Sunday. I got in a lot of friend time though and was happy to squeeze in quite a bit throughout the weekend.

I stayed at Diana and Mark's new house and I loved the chance to finally see it in person since I've been following their progress on her blog. Here are some snapshots from around the house:













After a wild and crazy game night on Friday night, Diana and I dragged ourselves out of bed the next morning for free manicures at the Aveda Institute. Our friend Jody is currently attending Aveda. She and a classmate needed hand models, so Di and I happily jumped at the opportunity. We then took our freshly manicured hands to one of my favorite Dallas restaurants, Velvet Taco.



Velvet Taco is so amazing that it deserves a post all its own...so keep an eye out ;) Diana and I ventured around Henderson Street to walk off the VT after eating, then headed back to her house to get ready for a housewarming party in Arlington. The housewarming was fun with lots of delicious finger foods and outdoor games.










Some of us grownups played a few rounds of beanbags, while the kids (Diana's adorable niece Audrey and sweet nephew Noah) preferred playing catch and "sliding" down the beanbag board (look at that happy little face!). It should be noted that my beanbag skills are unreliable and my team lost both rounds that I played. Good thing I'm not competitive! After the party Mark, Diana and I headed back home and turned in for the night. I know, party animals, right? We were all okay with it though! Sunday I hung around for a bit then made the 10-minute drive over to Heather's for some more BFF time. We went to one of our favorite pizza places, Grimaldi's, and, of course, got our favorite pizza. When we'd had our fill at Grimaldi's we wandered around the stores in Park Lane and discovered the greatness that is the Bloomingdale's Outlet. I think that will definitely be incorporated into my next trip up :)


Heather and I said our goodbyes and I continued to head south down 75 to West Village for another lunch (linner?) with the three girlfriends that I made while working at Fossil: Jenna, Caitlin and Angelica. We all started out in the same department together and became almost inseparable at work. Now two of us are gone and two are still working there, although in different departments, but I'm so glad we've managed to keep up with each other! Some of my best memories of my time in Dallas happened with these three ladies and we always manage to pick up right where we left off when we get together.



Caitlin's son Cohen joined us for lunch as well, and he was such a little charmer! He ended up sitting next to me and had me wrapped around his finger by the time we left :)

I was so nostalgic the entire time I was in Dallas and tried my best to just soak it all in and enjoy myself. I guess I hadn't realized how much I'd missed my friends up there until seeing them all. Luckily I'm planning another trip next month for the Texas State Fair, which isn't to be missed! I'm already dreaming of all the insane fried food options...hmmm fried pumpkin pie has got to be my favorite yet. Do you have any fall traditions that you look forward to each year? Or any places or things that make you totally nostalgic?

9 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I'm so glad you had a good weekend. I'm also glad you captured all the pets in one blog post! haha you'll have to send me the rest of the pics you took! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a blasty blast in Dallas! I'll try and get those to you tonight.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could actually SEE Heather's entire pretty face in that picture! I'm sure she wouldn't let you though.

    Fall traditions for me usually include getting really pumped for my birthday, and the month of October in general, Wurst Fest in November (!!!) and UT game(s) with my dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, right?! She wouldn't so I had to settle for just a peek ;)

      Maybe I should come out for Wurst Fest this year! Somehow I never made it during the four years of living 20 minutes away.

      Delete
  3. I hateee commenting on my iphone, it's near impossible. I wanted to comment earlier at work and of course, couldn't. ANYWAY, I love the pictures you took around Diana's house. It sounds like you had a jam packed weekend of friend time, those are seriously the bestttt weekend!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I've given up on commenting on my phone! Yesss the best weekends BUT sometimes they go by a little too quick ;)

      Delete