Monday, August 26, 2013

Chasing the Sun







dress: LuLu's, shoes: The Poet, watch: Fossil, nails: Essie Fifth Ave

No, this title was not stolen from The Wanted song but is based solely on the fact that Sarah and I quite literally had to chase the sun during our photo session last week. We met after work only to find that it was pouring rain. Instead of throwing in the towel we just drove to areas where we could see sun! We did get rained on a bit once, but for the most part, our system worked.

I had originally wanted to venture around downtown Houston, but when I told Sarah what I was planning to wear she insisted that we go for a more country setting, and I'm so glad I listened! I scored this dress in the TxSC style swap and was even more excited when I realized it was one of the brand new pieces from LuLu's. The dress has an ethereal look to it, almost a Greek goddess vibe, but it's so comfortable and easy to throw on. I decided that since this dress lends itself to a goddess look (in my opinion, anyway) I had no choice but to pair it with the sandals my dad bought me in Greece a couple of years ago. I just love this whole look and definitely plan to throw this dress into my regular rotation. Since I'm not scared of wearing white after Labor Day, I could imagine this dress looking nice with a denim jacket in the fall.

Totally unrelated, I had an excellent time in Dallas this past weekend! I didn't realize how much I'd missed that city and all of my friends there, but luckily I squeezed in some time with almost all of them. More on that tomorrow, though!

10 comments:

  1. Love this dress! You are so pretty! :)
    www.kaylee-daily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, dahling! That dress was quite a steal - it looks so good on you! I still haven't even tried on the dress I got at the swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should take it with you on vacay! That would be perfect in San Fran :)

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Good call on the location, and I like the lighting, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so glad I listened to Sarah because this was the perfect setting!

      Delete
  4. I love love looooooooove this sesh! And i'm obsessed with your outfit, i've been especially dying for some of those leather sandals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove those sandals :) My dad picked them up at a famous sandal shop in Greece called The Poet, where he actually got to watch them be made!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful dress! You look lovely and these photos are amazing!
    http://splashofsilk.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete