Monday, July 1, 2013

On Being An Adult (Sort Of)

Last week was a loooong, tiring week. I finally decided I was ready to buy a car and that pretty much dominated the week. I knew what I was looking for but that didn't make the process any easier. But by Saturday I had a pretty, shiny brand new car and my stressful week immediately turned around!


Before moving back home for my current job, I lived on my own for two years post college graduation. I'm no stranger to bills and rent and taking care of myself, but there's something about having bought my very own car that makes me feel even more like an adult. Probably because it's one of the biggest purchases I'll make in my life, and certainly my largest purchase to date. Anyway, I love her and I'm so happy to have a reliable vehicle!

After being such an adult, I had to have a night that took me back to my college days. I spent the night at Sarah's for a good old fashioned wine night on Saturday and it was an excellent time, per usual. We drank at least two bottles of wine and watched movies. One of the plus sides to staying in at my bestie's  for the evening was that we were able to hang out in our pj's, instead of getting all dressed up to go out. Some might find that boring but it was my ideal night! Unfortunately, neither of us felt like taking photos for my weekly outfit post, so that will be postponed until next week I guess. Whoops! Like I said, it was a crazy week.

Now that I need a vacation from the past week, I'm grateful for a short work week. My boss was kind enough to give us both Thursday and Friday off for the holiday so the whole office gets a four day weekend. I'll be taking my new car on a quick little road trip to spend the 4th of July with my friend Brittany on Lake Belton. Brittany moved to Arkansas and I haven't seen her in a couple of months so I'm looking forward to spending some time with my dear friend!

Well this post was a little all over the place, but that's how my brain is functioning right now. Welcome to my world! Did anyone else buy a car this weekend? JK, I'm sure that's a no. I hope all of my readers and friends had an excellent weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Love the car and our wine night was just what I needed! So nice to be lazy :)
    Maybe we can do an outfit post Wednesday? hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got a new car super quick! I love it! I love my Nissan, so I'm sure you'll have good luck with yours too. Did you end up getting a Rogue like you wanted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did get the Rogue! Sorry for my belated reply :)

      Delete
  3. Your car is sooooo cute, it fits you perfectly! Sounds like your weekend was great! I hope the lake this weekend is fun also (i'm sure it will be)!

    ReplyDelete