Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Neon Vibes




 



jacket & skirt: Gap here & here, tank & necklace: J. Crew, shoes: Jessica Simpson, jewelry: Michael Kors, ring: Kendra Scott

I've been a lazy blogger lately but I'm back with a pretty new outfit post, so hopefully you can forgive me! I don't know how some of the fashion bloggers I follow find time to get photos nearly every day but I applaud them for it. Between the never ending rain last week and just being busier than usual, Sarah and I had a hard time getting together but it was totally worth it when we got the chance. Plus I scored an excellent haul last weekend at Gap's massive sale and I couldn't resist sharing! I've had my eye on that denim jacket for a while and I'm so glad I waited since the sale price came in at $20. I also bought the neon coral skirt on the cheap. I don't always bother with sales, generally if I want something bad enough I just buy it, but when I find a good sale I will take full advantage! I've wanted to sneak those Jessica Simpson wedges into a post for a while now and finally got my chance. I never thought I'd buy a pair of her shoes since most of them are way too tall (or ugly) for me but these wedges are really comfortable and a perfect height. They're not too summery either so they'll easily carry into the fall as well.

I had originally intended to wear an outfit similar to this one on a date Saturday night but changed my mind at the last minute and I was glad. I went to roller derby for the first time and it was a) pretty awesome and b) really cold. Pants were the right choice and I think I looked a little edgier (think being the operative word). I was really mad at myself for not bringing my DSLR since I had planned to then kind of forgot because I wasn't sure I'd be allowed to bring it in. Turns out I totally could have but oh well, I snapped a few pictures with my phone and had a grand old time anyway! The derby girls were pretty intense and I kind of wished I could try it out, that being said, there's a reason I never played contact sports growing up. Anyway, it was a super cheap and fun way to spend a Saturday night, I'm already planning to go again next month! 

I know it's only Wednesday but I'm already really looking forward to this weekend. My girlfriend from Dallas, Diana, will be coming in town for some pre bday celebrating and we'll be taking over Houston! I'm super excited for all the BFF time (Heather and Sarah will be joining as well) and because a night out in Houston never disappoints. More on that next week though ;) Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh these pictures look AMAZING! I love the one with you leaning on the wall, it has a touch of sass we girls should possess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisha :) we had some fun with this shoot and there was definitely some funny "outtakes"

      Delete
    2. Not to mention, me almost face planting while climbing on trash bins for height. HAHA! So glad that didn't happen, BTW.

      Delete
  2. My big plans this weekend are going to H-town to soak up some sun and fun times with the girls! Soooo excited!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need a sweet jeans jacket like that one!

    Teffy Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super picky and I've been looking forever! I was getting close to just splurging and buying one from J. Crew but got lucky las weekend :)

      Delete