Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Monthly Mail Surprise

It's my favorite time of the month: Birchbox time! I love getting my Birchbox because a) I almost never get mail and b) it's chock full of new makeup goodies. This month's box was probably the best I've ever received so, without further ado, here are the contents:



Ohhh looks good so far!

Benefit Hello Flawless Brightening Makeup

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (in purple)

Marcelle BB Cream/Illuminator
Kerastase Fondant Chroma Captive Treat and a couple of cute Birchbox bobby pins

I've been feeling like my hair and makeup routine has grown a little stale so I'm looking forward to all this new stuff to try. The sizes are perfect to get an idea of whether or not the product will work for me and if it's worth a purchase. I'm really excited for everything in this box but especially for the hair products. I've used Kerastase before and you really can't go wrong with anything in their line. And those bobby pins? I die! I'm all about pinning my hair back and these will be perfect for changing up my look a little. I'll have to review everything over the next couple of weeks and let you guys know what I think!

If you're a beauty junkie like me, or just enjoy trying out new beauty products, Birchbox is totally worth the money. Bonus: you can even buy subscriptions for beauty-obsessed friends as gifts! If any of my readers are Birchbox subscribers I'd love to know what you received in your box this month. What are you most looking forward to trying out?

8 comments:

  1. I've thought about doing this! How much do you have to pay to get them?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're only $9.99 per month! I just do it monthly but you can also pay for an entire year at once and get a free box (you pay $110 instead of $120). You can cancel at any time and you're not penalized either! You should do it, they're fun :)

      Delete
  2. Ours are completely different! I got those bobby pins in blue, some patchouli cologne... meh, and acne control treatment by ddf, klorane a dry shampoo (super excited to try!), and a powder staining blush by theBalm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I forgot to ask you about the blush last night! How did you like it?

      Delete
  3. Wow, I got different stuff than both you AND Sarah! I got No.4 Prep & Protect Spray Leave-In Conditioner, Benefit Hello Flawless Brightening Makeup, Coola Organic Face Sunscreen, green bobby pins and Juicy Couture perfume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you liking the Benefit foundation? I'm not sure about it so far...

      Delete
  4. How did you like the Benefit Hello Flawless Brightening Makeup and the BB cream?! I've been meaning to try both!
    www.weareforevercompany.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Colleen! I have mixed feelings about both because of my skin type. I have very oily skin that only gets worse in the humid Houston summers so I feel like I'm just clogging my pores even more right now. That being said, I'm going to buy a beauty blender and give the Benefit Makeup another go before throwing in the towel. I think it would be really great come fall and winter when it's less humid!

      Delete