Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Instagram Catchup

It's been about a month since my last Instagram catchup so I thought I'd bring you another! Bonus: stick around till the end and I'll give you a little playlist curated by moi (duh).


Today I booked a flight to visit my oldest friend, Jade, in Connecticut for Thanksgiving! We've known each other since we were about two years old and we have the kind of friendship where no matter how long we don't see each other, we can always pick up right where we left off. Jade has been attending grad school in Connecticut and is graduating in May so I couldn't miss an opportunity to visit her up there! This will be my first trip to New England and we're hoping to squeeze in at least a quick day trip to NYC since it's only two hours away. Let the four month countdown begin!

I'm also super excited for the Texas Style Council blogger conference coming up in a couple of weeks! 

Some silliness at the Dynamo game with Sammy.

Homemade body scrub using coconut oil, sugar and a little bit of honey.

Enjoying the view at Lake Woodlands

I had my first Top Golf experience last week, which also happened to be my first real golf experience ever. It was fun but let's just say I didn't discover a hidden talent ;)

So. Good. If you have a Trader Joe's nearby then you should go buy these right now. Seriously.

Pool day at Casa de Lizzy on Lake Conroe with Sammy and her adorable daughter Lilly. Such a pretty view and great company!


Last night my parents and I thoroughly enjoyed The Woodlands Pavilion's free concert, Bugs Bunny at the Symphony. We got free ice cream and spent the evening watching cartoons accompanied by the Houston Symphony, what more could you ask for in life? Oh, and it was a breezy 75 degrees instead of the usual 95! A truly perfect evening.

Here's a playlist for no other reason than I've been enjoying discovering some new favorite songs and artists with my free XM subscription:
1. Franz Ferdinand - Right Action
2. Bastille - Pompeii
3. Lorde - Royals
4. Avicii - Wake Me Up
5. Vampire Weekend - Diane Young
6. Fitz and the Tantrums - Out Of My League
7. Passion Pit - Carried Away
8. The Mowgli's - San Francisco
9. AWOLNATION - This Kids Not Alright
10. Daft Punk ft. Panda Bear - Doin It Right

I hope you enjoy some of those, I love finding new things to listen to so please comment with your current faves! Feel free to follow me on Instagram @emmersg if you don't already :)

3 comments:

  1. I love finding new music! And i'm jealous you're going up north, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip hip hurray for upcoming trips! It's so exciting to have something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about trader Joe's, so jealous you guys have that!! Ahh what I wouldn't give for a pool day..

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete