Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Patriotic Long Weekend

I've had such a relaxing four day weekend, I'm sad to see it go! But all good things must come to an end and sometimes the better something is, the quicker it's over with. Earlier in the week I found out that my friend Brittany would be in town from Arkansas for the long weekend and I happily accepted an invitation to spend the 4th of July with her and her family at their condo on Lake Belton. Brittany is one of my best girlfriends from college and we lived in Dallas together for two years after. If one of us was bored and looking for something to do, we knew that it was as simple as calling the other for instant plans. I was sad enough to leave her behind in Dallas back in March, then at the end of May she moved up to northwest Arkansas for a job and is even further away from me so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see her!


I couldn't get enough of the view from the condo, it was so beautiful and was even more gorgeous when the sun started to set.

We got to enjoy a ton of outdoor time, we laid out at the nice little pool and got some boat time in as well. The view for fireworks was perfect too, we caught at least five different shows going on. There's something about being on the water that automatically makes a vacation feel so much more relaxing. Maybe it's the slight sunburn you notice after enjoying a long day in the sun or the barbecue food that's always delicious. Whatever it is, I felt totally re-energized after just two nights at the lake and wish I could do that more often!

Me, Brittany, and her sisters Lauren and Amanda after our delicious 4th of July barbecue.

Brit and I out on the boat.



Just a few shots of the lake. The last one makes me think of Greece. I've never been but that's kind of how I'd imagine it to look.

I could really get used to four day weekends :) Since that will never happen, I'll just keep dreaming and get ready for the workweek with a glass of wine or two. How do you like to prepare for the week when Sunday rolls around?

3 comments:

  1. Tonight Patrick and I prepared by having dinner and then grocery shopping. I prepped groceries for the week and he is restringing his guitars. Yes, plural! Now I'm reading blogs and thinking I may be a little behind in writing one. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures! I've never heard of Lake Belton, but it sure looks nice. Glad you had a nice four-day weekend :) I was working all of those days :((((

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had an amazing time! This place looks really beautiful as well! It resembles Greece, but I say we go find out for ourselves! ;)

    ReplyDelete