Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekend Beauty Buys

Most of my friends know that I'm kind of a beauty addict. If I'm having a particularly bad day I go hang out at Sephora for a bit and leave with a new lipstick or mascara and lifted spirits. Some may call it shallow, I call it my happy place!

For the sake of time, I usually stick to a pretty simple beauty routine. My makeup is generally the same from day to day but I like to mix it up every so often. For the past few years I've been using Mac or Stila blush, both very similar in color, but I've been panting over a few Nars shades for a while now. I finally decided to splurge and buy a Nars blush and bronzer combo this week and after just one use I can say that my other blushes have been replaced!

I chose to go for the Deep Throat/Laguna combination. With my other blushes I had to apply them before my powder to get a natural look because they were so strongly pigmented but that isn't the case with Nars at all. Both the blush and bronzer go on so smooth and look so natural. Thanks to my Greek genes, I'm not fair skinned in the slightest and have no natural blush of my own but Nars gives a perfect glow that looks pretty instead of over the top. I hadn't purchased Nars until now because of the price but honestly, it was totally worth the splurge!

I also picked up Nails Inc.'s new Feather Effect nail polish and it was so easy and gives a really pretty effect.

Since polishes like this sometimes come out a little sparse I chose to use the Nails Inc. color Elizabeth Street as a base. After applying the Feather Effect polish (color: Edinburgh) I decided the base coat probably wasn't necessary as the "feathers" spread really well, but it didn't hurt either. The nail polish specifically notes to seal with a top coat so I used the trusty caviar top coat and I love the look! I'm really bad at painting my nails so most "nail art" is out of the question for me but messy options like this work just fine.

I was really excited about the two new items I purchased but couldn't forget my old faithfuls either.


My everyday look includes a cat eye that I couldn't achieve without Eyeko Skinny liquid eye liner. The pen is so easy to use and gives a crisp, clean line every time. My routine also wouldn't be complete without Mac Studio Fix powder. I love this powder because it acts like a foundation and gives such good coverage that lasts all day.

I've wanted to do a beauty post for a while and I hope to make them a regular thing. I don't think I'm an expert by any means but I enjoy sharing my favorite products with my friends and talking about what works for me. Do you have one specific must have product that you use every day? I'd love to hear about it!

5 comments:

  1. Some of my must-haves that I've been using for a while now include Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer (perfect for locking in moisture after a shower or under makeup as a primer), Clinique High Lengths Mascara, Prestige Liquid Eyeliner in blackest black, Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in coral and Ulta dark blonde eye brow pencil.

    So happy you did a beauty product post! I've been thinking about writing about my favorite hair products because I've finally found the perfect hair care routine for my hair type! So exciting! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I've been thinking of trying a creme blush but haven't been sure how it would look, I might have to pick up some of the Maybelline Dream Mousse now ;)

      Yes, please do a hair product post! I'm always looking for new hair care suggestions, especially now that I'm back in Houston with all the humidity haha.

      Delete
  2. I love the cat eye effect with eye liner! Mac has a great one, you should definitely give it a go!

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Teffy! What's the name of the eye liner?

      Btw - I love your blog! I've already found a few new recipes to try that look delicious :)

      Delete
  3. amazing buys, that nailpolish looks great!

    ReplyDelete