Saturday, June 1, 2013

Travel Catch Up

I decided to take some time off from blogging...jk it just kind of happened that way! Turns out writing a blog is much harder than you'd think, but I'm back and will try my hardest to keep up with regular posts.

Last weekend I finally went on my little vacation to Seattle and Vancouver with my best friend, Heather. We stayed with my aunt and uncle and were treated to the most beautiful view for four days! No picture can truly do it justice, but I took about a million anyway.

On Sunday Heather and I borrowed my uncle's car and drove up to Vancouver for the day. We drove straight to the Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver and started our day out in a bit of an adventurous fashion. We were really excited to cross the suspension bridge and it didn't disappoint, wonderful views and an authentic suspension bridge feel (i.e. we had to cling on to the sides for dear life). There was also a cliff walk and raised path that we walked along to get a better view of the forest. From there we drove to downtown Vancouver and wandered around Gastown for a while. After a lunch of fish and chips we walked the two miles down to Granville Island to see what the fuss was about. Along our way we made friends with an Italian man who was in Vancouver on business and he kept us entertained for the remainder of the day. We ended up hanging out with him and laughing at how different Vancouver turned out to be in comparison to what we'd hoped for. We probably would have headed back to Seattle around 6 or 7 pm if we hadn't made our new friend, but instead we stayed until 10 pm and were actually a little sad to leave in the end!










Seattle beat Vancouver, hand's down, even with our late start to the day. We explored Pike Place Market and had a delicious lunch at Athenian Inn. After lunch we couldn't resist a trip to the original Starbucks for a cup of coffee and some souvenirs. The coffee may have tasted the same as any other Starbucks but it's the experience that counts! No trip to Seattle would be complete without a visit to the Space Needle for a beautiful bird's eye view of the city. We were experiencing typical Seattle weather: rainy and overcast, so it was hard to see the mountains but we did get to watch some creepy fog roll in out of nowhere for a bit. We ended our day with another tasty meal (thanks Teta Kim and Uncle Theo!) and a ferry ride to and from Bainbridge Island. The next day Heather headed back to Houston but I stuck around for an afternoon of wine tasting. My aunt and I started at Chateau Ste Michelle for an actual winery tour then visited three other tasting rooms before going to Ballard for a little shopping. One of the best parts of the day was getting back to my aunt and uncle's house to watch one of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen and spend time with my adorable baby cousins.













I forgot how great vacations can be! I so enjoyed getting out of Texas for a few days and away from the miserable heat that means summer has arrived. Unfortunately, I'm back for good and will just have to hope for many river and beach trips this summer to stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!!!! I'm super jelly and I love all of your pictures! I'm kind of obsessed with Heathers scarf!!! REPRESENT :P

    ReplyDelete