Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Bucket List

A little throwback to summer of 2009 at Clearwater Beach with Kassie!

I'm fully aware that it's almsot the end of June but it's never too late for a summer bucket list! Especially since I live in Texas, summer can last until October here so I'd say I should have plenty of time to get through this list. Without further ado, here it is:

1. Explore Houston
2. Go out more
3. Use my DSLR more
4. Get a new lens for said DSLR
5. Date
6. Float the river
7. Spend some time poolside
8. Make new friends
9. Try something new (anything: food, experience, etc.)
10. Make items for an Etsy shop to be opened in the fall
11. Workout regularly
12. Go to the beach
13. Take a photography class
14. Eat healthier
15. Visit a flea market
16. Go to the zoo
17. Go somewhere new
18. Be more spontaneous
19. Go fishing with my brothers
20. Go thrifting
21. Visit more wineries
22. Visit friends in other cities
23. Go to the museum
24. Find a place to live
25. Go to a concert

This list was inspired by my happy hour with Sarah on Tuesday. Instead of sticking around in The Woodlands like we normally would, we ventured down to Ra sushi in River Oaks and made a pit stop at Eleanor Tinsley Park. Between traffic and the distance it can be a pain to go downtown but Sarah and I agreed that we need to make it a point to explore Houston more since there are so many cool places to go. I know I'm missing out on the night life down there too so I need to suck it up and just get out more! Summer in Texas can be miserable thanks to the heat but I'm hoping that having a purpose to this summer will make it more enjoyable and encourage me to get out there and try new things. I wouldn't call myself lazy but I have the tendency to go through homebody phases and it's time to beat that bad habit once and for all and enjoy myself.

Sarah took this the other night, a view of downtown from Eleanor Tinsley.

This weekend I'll be visiting Kassie in Austin and I'm really looking forward to it! Kass is one of my best friends/roommate from college and I haven't seen her in six months so this trip is long overdue. Hopefully we will be floating the river but we have yet to decide on that. Whatever we do, our Saturday will be spent cooling off in some body of water or another!

How are you planning to enjoy your summer? Give me some ideas in case I left anything off my list ;)

1 comment: