Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pretty in Peplum

Last week Sarah helped me out with a little photo shoot for my first outfit post after happy hour. I read plenty of blogs that include outfit posts and I wasn't prepared for how awkward it would be to play model! It didn't help that we chose to eat outside and I didn't get a chance to touch up my already fading makeup, it was probably 90 degrees out so it's safe to say I'm nice and sweaty in these pictures. The joy of a Texas summer!






Yikes! Not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous to put this out there but I suppose that's what this whole blog adventure is about. Now for the outfit details, my pants are from Gap and the top is from Express, the watch is Michael Kors. I never thought I could pull off a peplum top since I'm short-waisted and have big hips but I've actually found them to be surprisingly flattering. I especially love the pop of neon the exposed zipper gives on this top :)

Exciting news: I decided to buy a new computer this weekend so this post is coming from my new MacBook Pro! You know what they say, once you go Mac you never go back, and I'd have to agree.

Okay now I'm going to hide under the covers and squeeze my eyes tight and try not to be too nervous about people actually reading this! What do you think about my first outfit post? Should I keep them up?

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I think keep it up and we will keep learning :P I'm so excited you joined the pro club but maybe next time I need to not go to the Apple store with you... haha oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha at least the iPad was wayyyy cheaper than my purchase! You know it was totally worth it though :)

      Yes we'll keep working on these! I had so much fun and it's an excuse to get together on the regular.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! I love outfit posts! I forgot we pretty much have the same body type, except you're still way smaller than me! Peplum tops are super flattering on our bodies. I almost got a couple of those peplum tops at Express, but I had already spent too much money that day, haha. Cute! Love your pants too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised when I tried one on for the first time! I got a couple on special, they were buy one get on half off so it was good timing haha not to mention Express always sends out good coupons.

      Delete
  3. Love these shirts so much! They are perfectly flattering! And I love your entire outfit, very summery! :)

    ReplyDelete