Thursday, June 13, 2013

Instagram Catchup

Just a little view of my life over the past couple of weeks through Instagram photos. If you enjoy my blog, feel free to follow me along on Insta too @emmersg :)

Last week I baked a couple of loaves of Lemon Drizzle Cake that I found on my favorite blog, The Londoner. I love baking and this cake was so easy and super delicious. Everyone loved it and it was great for breakfast or as a midday treat. Next time I just need to make more of the yummy glaze :)

This summer has certainly not been dry so far. As I was leaving the office one day last week I walked out to see almost black clouds to my left and some blue sky still showing to my right. Just one of those random Texas summer rainstorms.

This weekend I bought my first pair of Minnetonka mocassins and I absolutely love them! I slipped them on and instantly knew I had to have them :) Technically my mom and I are sharing this pair but I'll just have to buy her some when I move out because no way can I part with them now!

My beauty purchases mentioned here.

Just a little selfie Tuesday!

See those shorts? Those are the shorts I won from James Jeans! I was nervous about how they would fit but they're perfect! They look great and fit me like a glove. The outfit above was meant to be for the Mumford & Sons concert, which, unfortunately, was postponed due to a medical emergency with the bassist :( He had to have brain surgery and I hope he is recovering well.


Since we didn't have a concert to go to anymore, Sarah and I decided our Wednesday evening shouldn't completely go to waste and got together for happy hour. We tried out Yucatan Taco Stand and decided it's good for happy hour but I wasn't crazy about the food. They did mess up my order twice so that didn't help.

I actually got Sarah this same shade of essie nail polish (fifth avenue) for her bday and loved it so much I went back and bought some for myself! I couldn't help it, it's the perfect shade of red :)

I don't like cooking as much as I like baking but after seeing this clam recipe on The Londoner I decided to give it a go. Turned out to be quick, easy and incredibly tasty! 

Phew! Believe it or not, this post took me an hour to put together! My poor little six year old MacBook had to be restarted five times (although one time was all on its own) during the process of uploading the photos. Not sure why but that has proven to be a problem lately. At least I know I've gotten my money's worth out of this expensive little computer!

P.S. Please share your Instagram username in the comments if you'd like me to follow along with you as well!

3 comments:

  1. I love this!!! I'm totally stealing it :P I super enjoyed our dinner date last night and I had a couple girl friends over tonight and was telling them how thoughtful and funny your gift was! Thoughtful because of the notebooks and how much I love nail polish, and funny because of you trying to break me of my nail polish snob ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely pictures! seems like you had a sweet week =)

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was an excellent week :)

      Delete