Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dressy in Chevron







How gorgeous is the backdrop for these photos? Sarah and I have decided to start exploring Houston more and figured our (now) weekly photo shoots would be the perfect excuse to do so! For last week's shoot we were blessed with some gorgeous end of the day light at Eleanor Tinsley Park, located right by downtown. Eleanor Tinsley is home to Houston's annual music festival, Free Press Summer Fest, as well as some great running trails and views of the Houston skyline. I'm a wanderer at heart but that view reminded me how pretty this city can be!

Now that summer is upon us and the temperatures are in the 90s everyday, I'm trying to make an effort to grow my dress collection. Technically, I can wear shorts to work but I prefer dresses since they're breezier, cuter and easier to buy at a more modest length. I got this dress and the shoes at Target a few months ago and both have proven to be perfect summer pieces! Full disclosure: while at work I wore sandals to spare my feet, the wedges were slipped on for happy hour at Ra. I know beauty is pain but sometimes I prefer comfort ;)

What is your summer staple? Do you prefer to keep it casual in shorts or get a little fancier in a dress?

4 comments:

  1. That dress is beyond cool! A great addition to your dress collection =) I've never been to Houston but it certainly looks lovely.

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the shape, perfectly girly :)

      Delete
  2. I love this dress and heels! Dresses are my absolute favorite! And that view is amazing, you girls are discovering the treasures now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We've got loads more planned for the remainder of the summer so I'm looking forward to more explorations!

      Delete