Thursday, June 6, 2013

Currently

Reading: I just finished reading Gone Girl and loved it! I felt like the book kept one-upping itself in the crazy department and I loved to hate both of the main characters. If you've been thinking about picking this up but haven't been sure, I definitely recommend. Let me know what you think if you read it!

Watching: I started House of Cards this week on Netflix and was hooked after the first episode. The show is about Francis, the Majority Whip who is manipulating Congress to his liking with the hope of becoming President. I never would have guessed that Netflix could create such an excellent show but they hit the nail on the head with this one, check it out if you haven't already!

Listening to: Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. Every so often there's a song that makes me want to dance each time I hear it, currently this is that song for me. I dare you to listen to it and try to disagree!

Feeling thankful: Lately I've been thankful for everything. I don't always focus on the good things in my life but recently I've tried to change that. I have a great job, wonderful friends and an amazing family. Things aren't always perfect and most things could probably be a little better, sure, but right now I'm content with where I'm at and happy with the people that surround me. I hope this moment of clarity sticks around for more than just a moment.

Thinking about: Traveling. Always. I mentioned in a previous post that I was planning to go to London and Paris with a friend this fall but that plan changed about a month ago. One of my girlfriends from college is moving to Costa Rica to run a b&b on the beach (I know, jealous much?) so a group of us jumped at the chance for a week on the beach! Now the plan is to go to Costa Rica in early September and I'm so excited that I'm not even sad about putting the Europe trip on hold. Of course I'm always planning vacations in my head so I've already got a list of places to go next year but we'll just see what works out when the time comes :) 

Bummed out on: Texas heat. I don't think I've ever been this sick of the heat quite so early in the summer but, YEP, I'm over it. I'm blaming it on that trip to Seattle I just took, I mean the highs were in the upper 60's, it was glorious. Oh well, looks like I've got a long, hot summer ahead of me!

Loving: My new blog design! Full disclosure: I didn't do this myself. Back in February when I started this blog I had dreams of reading up on HTML and figuring out how to create a pretty little design like this myself but that never happened. I think it would have taken more time than I've got so for now this works just fine for me. I couldn't resist choosing a design in one of my favorite colors! I think this design suits me much better than how it looked before ;)

This was just a little catchup on what I've been up to lately! Thanks for the inspiration, Kassie.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so bummed that Jason and I will be on our PNW trip at the same time you guys are in Costa Rica! I wish I would've known about that sooner! But that's okay. Jason and I will make it down there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed :( it sounds like Rachel plans to be there for a good few years so I'm hoping this won't be my only trip while she's there!

      Delete
  2. I've already watched House of Cards and managed to get through the whole season in 3 days! Also, I was meaning to read Gone Girl - seems like a book of the un-put-downable kind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished House of Cards last night and it was so good! I can't wait for season 2 to be released :) Definitely read Gone Girl! Once I really got into I couldn't put it down haha

      Delete
  3. You can never go wrong with Laguna! Nars is the best.

    Alex

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete