Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Austin in Instagrams

This past weekend I visited one of my college besties, Kassie, in Austin, TX and it was a total blast. Every time I go to Austin I kind of think I want to move there. The city has a ton of outdoor space and the people are delightfully weird. Central Texas, aka the hill country, is definitely one of the most beautiful areas of the state and has a lot to offer. Here are some snapshots of the weekend through my phone's camera lens.

Friday night we took it easy and just went to Home Slice Pizza for dinner and some beers. I've been to Home Slice once before, and while I'm not an expert on pizza places in Austin, this one is my personal favorite! We both opted for Pearl Snap beer to drink, which is locally brewed in Austin and was quite delicious, I thought.

Saturday morning Kassie made an amaaaazing brunch that included baked french toast and a baked egg over tomato puree with goat cheese (or something along those lines) and I got some cuddle time in with my former cat child, Maeby. I got her as a Christmas gift from a friend in college but when I moved home she wasn't allowed with me :( Kassie and Jason agreed to take her and she has been living with them happily for the past two years.




After brunch we ventured out to Spicewood, TX for my first visit to Krause Springs. It was so beautiful with lots of shaded areas and cold water to take a dip in. Also, it was a prime location for people watching, which is everyone's favorite activity, right? By the way, how adorable is Kassie in her swimsuit coverup? I was a little obsessed!


Saturday night Kassie and I went out on the town at Rainey Street, my personal favorite bar scene in Austin. Rainey is becoming way more popular and had at least five or six new bars since the last time I went almost a year ago but I still enjoyed it! My friend from college, Mark, met up with us and I was so glad I got to spend some time with him. I think it had been at least a year since I'd seen him but senior year of college he, Sarah and I were nearly inseparable.







Kassie and I got a late start on Sunday but we were still able to enjoy lunch at Gourdough's, a donut themed restaurant that originated as a donut food truck. It was delicious and the donuts are insane. Certainly worth a visit if you're in Austin! We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the boutiques and shops on South Congress. And yes, that second picture is a man riding a horse down SoCo. Kassie and I couldn't resist a picture in front of the infamous I love you wall on the side of Jo's Coffee (not pictured: our delicious Italian cream sodas, yum!). We both found some goodies at Big Top Candy Shop and I was SO excited for their Cadbury selection, as well as the Kinder Buenos. I've had one Kinder Bueno bar since buying them and I can confidently say I have a new favorite candy bar!

I'm already looking forward to another trip to Austin the first weekend of August, especially since I'll be there for the Texas Style Council blogger conference! I easily talked Kassie and Sarah into going with me as well so it should be an excellent weekend.

Thanks for reading this far if you made it! Have you been on any fun weekend trips this summer? I'd love to hear about it!

4 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO jealous you went to visit, I miss Austin so terribly! :'(

    Also, does this conference have an admission fee?! I may be interested in going with you ladies! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an admission fee but it's really not bad considering everything they're offering! Check out the site and be sure to look at the full schedule and see what you think: http://www.texasstylecouncil.com/

      Delete
  2. LOVED your visit!!! Can't wait for you and Sarah to be back up here for the TxSC Conference! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That spring looks so nice and refreshing! and you are so right, people watching is the bomb. Seems like you had a lovely time =)

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete