Friday, March 29, 2013

Rediscovering Fitness


Oh, hey blog, nice to you see you again! I guess I've been a bad blogger, but I’m back and going to take things in a little bit different direction.

During my (nearly) two month hiatus I moved back to Houston to start an awesome new job! For the purpose of saving money, I moved in with my parents. It feels a little bit like a backtrack until I check my bank account, then I remember why it makes sense (yay for no bills!).

Since moving, I rarely have things to do on weeknights. I don’t even have to cook anymore, which is awesome if I’m being honest (I am) but sure doesn't encourage productivity. So instead of getting home and being lazy I finally bit the bullet and got my butt to the gym. I don’t know where the sudden motivation came from but I’m not complaining! I’m going to start using my blog as a sort of accountability tool. I hope that if I blog about my rediscovered love of working out then I’ll be more likely to stick with it, ya know the whole putting-it-out-there-in-public-makes-you-do-it thing. We’ll see but I’m starting out by setting a few goals and challenges for myself.

For the month of April I’m giving myself four challenges:
  1. Work out six days per week
  2. Do at least 10 push-ups per day
  3. No fast food
  4. No alcoholic beverages 

There probably won’t normally be so many challenges each month but I figured I’d go big to start out with. I don’t drink or eat fast food much anyway but it happens enough that I felt like they would be easy things to cut out for a month. The push-ups…well I know that 10 isn’t a lot, but it is for me! By the end of the month I’m hoping to see some major improvement on that number, which is the whole point anyway!

Some of my long-term goals:
  1. Join a running club
  2. Run an entire 5k
  3. Have a beach bod 

I found out about a running club in my area and I thought that would be a fun way to meet people…the only problem is that I suck at running outside (also a problem for goal #2).  I’m hoping by the end of April I’ll feel confident enough to at least attempt to run with a group. The last goal speaks for itself and is really all any girl wants this time of year. J

Okay that’s enough of a boring intro post. I promise these will get more interesting if you stick with me! Happy Friday!

P.S. In case anyone is reading this other than just my family and friends, I'd love to hear what your fitness goals or challenges are! (Family and friends feel free to share too)

No comments:

Post a Comment