Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend Update

Hi friends! I can't believe it's already Sunday and the weekend is almost over, they always fly by way too quickly. I can't complain too much though because I had a nice, relaxing weekend with some of my best friends.

Friday night I ventured out in uptown Dallas with Heather and Rachel to try out a new (to us) restaurant and catch up with each other. I know both girls from college but Heather lives about twenty minutes from me, while Rachel lives in Fort Worth, which is quite a drive. We don't get to see Rachel as much as we'd like but we try our best to get together a few times a year and fill each other in on our lives. I love seeing old friends and being able to pick up right where things left off. Needless to say, it was a fun night.

Saturday was a well-deserved lazy day. Heather, Brittany and I went to our favorite sushi place, Ra, for lunch then did a little shopping. After shopping and sushi we parted ways and I spent the rest of the evening enjoying some 'me' time. It was nice to just relax on my couch and catch up on a crochet project and some tv shows. Sometimes that's just the best way to spend a Saturday night.

Today was another day spent with friends, this time to celebrate Diana's birthday and my new job. Heather, Brittany, Diana and I met up for a late brunch around 2 at our favorite spot, Taverna. We all indulged in dollar mimosas (yes, just a dollar!) and I got my favorite Taverna brunch dish: eggs benedict with crabmeat, yum! After Taverna we had dessert (brunch dessert is a thing...right?) at Marble Slab, which I hadn't been to in forever and it didn't disappoint! As always, our brunch date was a blast.


Heather, Diana, Brittany and me at Taverna


The girls enjoying their ice cream :)

Now time to kick back and watch the Grammys while working some more on my crochet project. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment